Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shrimp Saute with Tomato or Domatesli Karides Sote

Shrimp Saute with Tomato copy

I came to like Turkish dishes when we went to Istanbul, Turkey last September. For sometime now, I was craving for the distinctive taste of Turkish dishes. So I decided to try a recipe that I got from the Internet. I made some changes. It tasted close to the authentic meal that I had and I would like to share the recipe to all of you.


250g Tiger prawn, peeled and de-veined
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove,chopped, mashed with salt
4 tomatoes. peeled, diced
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp basil, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 Bay leaf
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

1) Saute the onion with butter for abot 5 minutes.
2) Add the garlic, tomato, sugar, basil, parsley and bay leaf. Cover the lid, turn the heat to low. Cook for about 15-25 minutes until the sauce gets thicker.
3) Add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Remove the Bay leaf and discard it. Serve Shrimp Saute with Tomato on Turkish Rice Pilaf .

No comments: