Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bola-Bola (Meat Balls)

My maid, Juvy went back to her hometown in Cauayan, Isabela for a two-month vacation. For almost two months since she left, I didn’t blog on my cooking because I didn’t have someone to help in preparing the ingredients and clearing my mess after cooking. In my cooking sessions in the past two months, I was just busy clearing my mess after cooking that I didn’t have the energy to blog on my kitchen adventures. She’s finally back here in Singapore so here I am again to share my recipes.

BOLABOLA copy

Bola-Bola (Meat Ball)

In English they call it meat balls. This is popular in the Philippines. My school canteen during my high school days served nice Bola-bola which I usually ordered for my lunch. So guys and gals, here is my version of Bola-Bola.

Meat balls:

meatballs copy
  • 500 grams minced pork
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 1 egg white
  • ½ cup of plain flour or All purpose flour
  • 1 tsp Salt and pepper


Sauce:

carrots copy
  • 1 carrot (1cup)
garlic
  • 5 cloves garlic, chopped
red onions
  • 1 onions, chopped
redbellpepper copy
  • ½ red bell pepper (1/2 cup)
green bellpepper copy
  • ½ green bell pepper (1/2 cup)
pineapple chunks copy
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks

  • ¼ cup tomato ketchup
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • ¼ cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Salt and pepper


Mix meat, onion, salt and pepper. Form the mixed ingredients into balls. Dip with the white egg and roll it with the flour.

Heat the frying pan and put oil. Fry the meat balls until they become golden brown.

Heat a wok in low heat and sauté garlic and onions. Add the meat balls. Saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the carrots, ketchup, tomato sauce and water. Mix well and let it boil for 15 minutes. Add the red and green bell pepper and simmer it for 5 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes or until it your desired sauce thickness.

No comments: