Thursday, September 15, 2005

Miracle of life being a woman




May 30, 2005, we woke-up early not because we were going for work. It was because we were going to Raffles Hospital for my scheduled delivery. It was a sunny Monday morning. Alvin, my Mom and I were all energized for this big day. We arrived at the hospital before 8 am and filled-up the admission form. After a while, the nurse weighed me. I weighed 72 kg. My goodness! I was a very heavy fat pregnant woman. After that, the nurse assisted me to the delivery suite, helped me to change my clothes and inserted some jelly into my *** to have a fast motion. Only Alvin could go with me inside the delivery suite so my mom just stayed at the waiting area. The nurse started to induce labor at 9am. After an hour, I started to feel pain in my tummy which meant the labor started. I still could tolerate the pain. Alvin and I still had time to take photos while I was in pain. :)


I took my lunch at 12. After 2pm and it is been 6 hours of labor, I already couldn’t stand the pain. It was every painful. The nurse told me if I couldn’t bare the pain I could ask for epidurial. So I decided for epidurial. The anesthesiologist injected it to my spine while my body was in a C-position. The procedure was quite delicate you couldn’t move during the procedure. Right after a few minutes, I still felt the contraction but without pain. At 4pm, my opening was still at 3cm and my baby needed at least 10cm dilation. I could hear a baby’s cry at a nearby delivery room and I am still at my delivery suite. The contractions were getting more frequent but were tolerable. It’s dinner time and they didn’t give me dinner though I was hungry. :( The nurse told me I might vomit if I took my dinner.

At 7:50 my opening was 10cm and my doctor arrived. Alvin felt excited and tensed again. The nurse helped me to push. I don’t know how to because I didn’t attend course. They told me to push like when you’re constipated. Sometimes, I could push but most of the time, I was doing wrongly. I could see that Alvin was tense. At last! They could see the head and the doctor showed it to Alvin. Everybody felt very thrilled. My baby’s heartbeat was irregular so the doctor decided to use a vacuum to pull out the baby. Finally, at 8:11 pm Albert Kristoffer Valera was out from my tummy! Seeing my cute baby was the most amazing experience that ever happened in my life! He weighed 3.098 kg and his length was 51 cm. Albert Kristoffer looks 100% like his daddy. The nurse gave Albert to me and I kissed him. Daddy Alvin started to take photos and video again. What I experienced I was a miracle. How wonderful it is to be a mother!

1 comment:

Low Carb Diet Junkie said...

Great blogg. I hope you find this link helpful.Rim blackberry 7290 Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net!
Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Cingular, Sprint PCS, and Verizon! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping! To get these low prices, all you have to do is sign up for wireless service! Competition among wireless carriers is extremely fierce and most calling plans include bonuses like free long distance, free nationwide roaming, unlimited night & weekend calling, extra anytime minutes, and more!